Under the head Pastor Otto Dettmering (1897-1912), later General Superintendent in Kassel, the Diakonissenanstalt in Frankfurt a. M. was elevated to a state-church institution congregation on 1 January 1911. It includes the Diakonissen and the staff living in the grounds with their families (see foundation charter). Since 1916 there has been a second pastorate, mainly for pastoral care in the hospital and the old people's home and for teaching in the training centres. Both pastorates were financed by the Diakonissenverein financed. in 1954, the EKHN concluded a contract with the Frankfurter Diakonissenhaus, after which it gave a subsidy for the pastor's salary in the amount of the basic salary and took over the old-age pension.
The institution parish joined the Dornbusch deanery. The pastors and the delegates had no voting Diakonissen had no voting rights in the deanery synod, they were considered guests. The institution parish did not belong to the Evangelical Regional Association of Frankfurt.
During the NS period, the Frankfurt Diakonissenhaus distanced itself from the church leadership of the German Christians. The two Diakonissenhaus pastors Karl Chr. Hofmann and Karl Goebels and the Diakonissen joined the Confessing Church, and meetings of the Confessing Church were held in the Diakonissenhaus, meetings of the Confessing Church were held. In the Frankfurt Diakonissenhaus, the Aryan Paragraph was not applied. Two doctors and a pastor who did not conform to the Aryan laws and were therefore not allowed to practise their profession were employed, and some young women who could not attend a training school because they were not pure Aryan were admitted to the nursing school and the kindergarten teacher seminar. Prof. Heinrich von Mettenheim, who was dismissed as head of the university children's clinic and professor at the university because of the racial laws, remained a member of the board. The demand of the church leadership that members of the board should belong to the NSDAP was rejected with a waiver of church collections.
After the American military government confiscated the grounds of the Frankfurter Diakonissenhaus was confiscated by the American military government, the Diakonissen found accommodation in the Villa Manskopf at the Oberforsthaus in Frankfurt-Niederrad, where they lived in cramped conditions and gradually built up their work on the sick and elderly and on children, as well as training household apprentices and kindergarten teachers. There, in August 1945, the Reich Brotherhood Council of the Confessing Church met under the leadership of regional bishop Dr. Wurm to prepare for the church conference in Treysa, where the merger of the regional churches as the Evangelical Church in Germany EKD was decided.
After the site of the Frankfurter Diakonissenhaus in 1955, a workshop barrack was built to replace the destroyed Diakonissenkirche, a military workshop barrack was converted into a chapel. in 1959, the new Diakonissenkirche was consecrated in 1959; it was remodelled in 1988/89.